cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

ProE crashing....

ptc-3268806
1-Newbie

ProE crashing....

Hi,

I'm running ProE 4.0 on a Lenovo S30 (0568-54G) - Win 7 32bit and the user is having problem with the ProE crashing for a particular Assembly file.

The PC has a NVIDIA Quadro 2000D graphics card installed.

Initially I though the problem might be memory as we had no issue with the same file on another PC (Lenovo M82 / 2697-L1G) as it had more usable memory available.

The S30 only had 2gb of 4gb RAM usable but I adjusted BIOS so it now has nearly 4GB free - but the file is still causing ProE to crash.

I would appreciate any help trying to understand what the problem might be and / or possible fixes.

Mark

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-3268806)

Hello Mark,

The Integrity forum is for the Integrity product. I have moved this question to the Creo forums in the hopes someone here can better address your question.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

I've had a corrupt file that would crash every time I tried to open it. Of course, it also crashed when I tried to open its drawing. Nothing else I could do but go back to a version that did not crash.

If it only crashes on your computer and not others, then there is an incompatibility somewhere. These are hard to track down, but you could try disabling OpenGL in config.pro to see if it is graphics related.

Top Tags