cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

ProEngineer session taking few seconds to refresh after model load

RGE
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

ProEngineer session taking few seconds to refresh after model load

I am opening a big drawing structure into ProE session using an external application. Once all the models are fetched and opened into the ProE session, it is taking few seconds to refresh the structure completely.

Before the structure is properly refreshed, few hatches and tolerances are missing in the structure. It is shown only after 2-3 seconds in the ProE session.

This behaviour I have seen with File->Open also.

The problem I am facing now is I am creating a CGM file once or after the models are loaded in ProE session and at times or rarely the CGM is getting generated without hatches and plusminus tolerances. Next time when I repeat the process, it works fine.

Is there any way to check if the models are loaded completely into the ProE session before starting any opertaion?

Load:

proeModel = proeSession.RetrieveModelWithOpts(proeModelDescriptor, opts);

proeModel.display();

CGM creation:

Drawing drawing = (Drawing)proeModel;

drawing.Regenerate();

drawing.RegenerateSheet();

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:RGE)

That would be annoying. I have seen this behavior too on a very small scale. I always attributed it to graphics refresh but it sounds like a multi-process problem.

Can you submit the offending file(s) to customer support along with a description to open a case? I would think that PTC would like to solve this PDQ. This is a reliabilty issue when it comes to automated processes such as plotting or generating drawing packages through a toolkit app much like what you are doing.

RGE
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:TomD.inPDX)

The data is from Business unit. Any way will check if I can raise a ticket with PTC customer support.

Also, we are doing an automated process through a toolkit app for CGM creation.

Out of 1000 drawing models given for CGM creation, this issue rarely occurs in few of the models. Doesn't look like data specific. Once we try again, everything works fine.

May be server load is more at that time. Because of which the graphics refresh or sheet regeneration is taking more time which in turn resulting in incomplete loading of model structure.

If there is any way to find the complete structure is loaded in session it would be helpful? Then we could have waited till the models is completely loaded and then start with cgm creation.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

This is a serious reliability issue. It may not get much attention until it can be reliably duplicated. At the very least, someone in R&D can have a look at the code and see if they overlooked something when Creo considers the graphics fully loaded. Having a failed and complete image may give them something to work with. At the very least, the generation of the images is tied to the graphics where the trigger to commence is not.

Thanks for bringing it up. I too will keep a better eye out for this kind of behavior.

RGE
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:TomD.inPDX)

When we are running ProEngineer in asynchronous mode with no_graphics option, will the following function works?

pfcModel.ModelActionListener.OnAfterModelRetrieveAll()

or

pfcModel.ModelActionListener.OnAfterModelRetrieve()

If so, how can I use it? Can I get some sample code for the usage?

I am retrieving the model using,

proeSession.RetrieveModelWithOpts(proeModelDescriptor,opts);

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I cannot help you there but if you have active maintenance, I would suggest logging a case and let a CS tech help you directly.

Top Tags