cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problem for Interchange Components Programmatically WF5

jviel
1-Newbie

Problem for Interchange Components Programmatically WF5

Hello everyone,

I work on WF5 and currently i replace my component in my assembly with right click on the component, "replace" and I click on "component dissociated". This method works but I would like to automate with the Pro/Program so I followed the steps on this link:

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/fundamentals/To_Interchange_Components_Programmatically.html

I would like to replace a component in my assembly based on a defined parameter value without create an exchange assembly.

Currently i can just replace 3 components with this method the others doesn’t work.

The components that I exchange in my assembly are 3D bottles created with WF5 smart assembly, I prepare this bottles by creating a skin and a geometry public for that references can be found each time.

I don’t understand why this method works for 3 components and the others doesn’t work, if someone could help me.

Thanks

I attach the error message and the modifications of my Pro/Program.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
vzak
6-Contributor
(To:jviel)

Johnatan ,

In general, method of replacement described in the link above is desired to only work for the case of interchangeable components. Interchange assembly should map all relevant placement geometry references on both current and replacing components.

The method can occasionally work without interchange assembly, but this is more an exception and not a rule. This may happen when both incoming and outgoing components are created from default template and placed using default datums. It may also sometimes work for components placed by Default or Fix constraints. But again - this is a side effect that we do not recommend to use.

Regards

- Vlad

jviel
1-Newbie
(To:vzak)

Hello Vlad,

Thank you. So I tried to create an interchange assembly with WF5 but our assembly is already created.

I would liked to know if it was possible to save a copy of an assembly design in assembly exchange as in the video on this link to 2 minutes but on WF5 with a program or an other method:

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/2788/cr-ation-de-modules-et-produits-configurables

Do you have videos who show how to use interchange assembly on WF5, I don’t find on the Internet.
Thank you

Regards

John

vzak
6-Contributor
(To:jviel)

John,

Frankly, I do not fully understand the question (neither the movie in French :-).

You need to use Interchange Assembly, NOT the option modeler "Configurable Module" in order to replace via ProPROGRAM. Here are links on how to properly create Interchange Assembly and tag geometries of paired models.

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/assembly/asm_one_sub/About_Interchange_Assemblies.html

I do not have movies, but if TS guys track this thread - please add a link on some relevant movie if exists.

Hope this helps,

- Vlad

Top Tags