cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Problem to extrude a sketch.

JB50
4-Participant

Problem to extrude a sketch.

Hello,

I'm completely new here. And also new with Creo Parametric. 

I've been drawing a part but started with the sketch. The idea was to draw the sketch and extrude it to the thickness i need it. Once i got the part, it needs some bending on the Z axes. Not sure how to do that as well.

The first problem is that somehow i guess i made a mistake so i can't get the sketch into the extrude area.

Excuse me, but I can't upload the .sec file it looks like...

Can anyone help please?

Thank you in advance!!

Kind Regards,

JB50

7 REPLIES 7
Sanath
16-Pearl
(To:JB50)

@JB50, there is no harm in creating sketch and then extrude. Once you Click on Extrude icon select the already created sketch for the thickness. 

was unable to understand when you say you want to bend the part in Z axis. You can create the sketch from the side view with the bend and then extrude it to get the desired profile.

JB50
4-Participant
(To:Sanath)

@Sanath 

Ok, so i need to bend the sketch in the Z axes before I extrude it?

But the issue is that I can't open or import the sketch in the Extrude area!

I think there's someting wrong with my sketch.

I could send it but i can't load it up here...

Sanath
16-Pearl

@JB50, You can create a sketch similar to the below example and then click extrude > select the sketch. Sketch can be created as per your requirement. Below is just an example.

Part would look as shown below. If this is what you were looking for.

JB50
4-Participant
(To:Sanath)

@Sanath:

I know that. It's a pitty i can't show my file. I saved it as a .sec file and can't open it or import it.

As I mentioned before, i guess i did something wrong in my sketch drawing.

It's saved in the working directory. 

It seems i got to find out the problem with the sketch first...

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Create a new part, (create datum planes if your part doesn't have them), select the sketch icon, select the icon FILE SYSTEM, select your .sec file, place your sketch, adjust scale to 1 (always comes in way too big), add dimensions to the references.
StephenW
23-Emerald II

You may also want to review tutorials on how to create parts in creo. There are lots of them on youtube and other sites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEeiOnrLsTo 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you are in a Part file, and you make a sketch, you can select that sketch and then hit extrude.

Top Tags