cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Problem w/Axes Layer

lkerila
1-Newbie

Problem w/Axes Layer

I have my start parts established with various layers and layer rules. They all work as expected, except for my axes layer. In addition to the axes, it pulls in cuves (from copy geom features) and quilts (also copy geom features). I've tried various settings in the layer rules, to no avail. Every time I see the preview looking good, I'll save the layer properties and then regen the model only to find the axes layer now incudes all those same items I was trying to purge.

Can anyone help me to debug this, or send me some screen shots of your layer rules and properties? Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
dmartin
11-Garnet
(To:lkerila)

Can you share a screenshot of the rules you set up for your layer?

David R. Martin II

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer

Amazon Prime Air

FWIW: I'm using Creo 3.0 M020.

Screen shot attached...

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:lkerila)

Two things:

1 – If you bring in entities via a copy geom, and your target part has the same layers as the source part, the entities in the copy geom, but not the copy geom feature, will end up on the layers that they were on in the source part. In other words, if you have a layer named AXIS in your source with all axes on it, if there’s a layer named AXIS in your target part, they will automatically end up there too. I don’t think that’s your problem, however.

2 - That simple rule will gather anything with an axis in it. If your copy geoms bring in an axis, it’ll put that feature (and therefore all entities in that feature – quilts, curves, planes, etc.) on the axis layer. You need some exceptions for copy geoms, merges, mirrors, etc. Here are our layer rules for our axis layer:

[cid:image001.png@01D0569D.9E5C7CE0]

This says “If it’s a feature and it has axes and is not a mirror and is not a mirrored merge and is not a copy geom and is not an external copy geom, put it on this layer.”

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags