cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Problem with Group/Ungroup feature in Creo Layout 2.0

nkostsov
1-Newbie

Problem with Group/Ungroup feature in Creo Layout 2.0

Hi,

please help me.

I create geometry in Creo Layout using group/ungroup feature. Save a file and close Creo. The next day group/ungroup feature not available in this file. I can't edit existing geometry. What is the problem?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I'm sorry but I think you can't solve that, instead you can avoid it.

Do the following:

Create again the geometry in Creo Layout, and again, use the group and ungroup feature. Now, save the file, but before close Creo, Save the layer display status using the button in the View tab.

Now you can close Creo.

Next time you open Creo, you should be able to edit anything you want.

Remember to check in the status bar, if the Layer status was saved.

Untitled.jpg1.jpg

Thank you, but I'm talking about Creo Layout, and not Creo Parametric.

layot.PNG

Nikolay,

Could you please explain "The next day group/ungroup feature not available in this file. I can't edit existing geometry."

There is hardly more to add to the explanation. At some point this feature becomes unavailable. If you create a new file then group/ungroup feature is available again.

When you reopened the layout, entities which were grouped are no longer available in layout or when selecting the entities, entities were independent instead of group.

Top Tags