cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Problem with RMB Menu (Trying to Designate Axis of Revolution)

srawson
1-Newbie

Problem with RMB Menu (Trying to Designate Axis of Revolution)

I've been trying to work on a project for quite some time now, and haven't been able to make much progress due to the RMB menu not showing up when I right click. It works when I hold the RMB down for longer but for my project I need to create a center line that can act as the axis of revolution. When I hold down the RMB to bring up the menu to set the center line as my axis of revolution it only brings up the regular menu, even though I have the center line selected (As well as when I am directly right clicking on the center line). I'm not sure why this is happening and I was wondering if there was another way of doing it if there was no way of fixing it?

P.S. I have searched for the command and it shows up manually under Setup > Feature Tools > Designate Axis of Revolution; however for me the feature tools menu is grayed out (unclickable?) so perhaps there was something I'm doing wrong? Please help if you can!! I feel like I've tried everything!

[If this can't be solved does anyone have any tips on how I could make a round object without having to use this command?]

Thank you!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:srawson)

If the first item you sketch is a Centerline, it will default to being the axis of revolution. If there's a question about it a Centerline is -not- a regular line converted to Construction.

If the selection is greyed out, it may be that you are not creating a revolved feature, but a linear extrusion.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It seems like you have already made a sketch and then using the revolve option.

If that's the case edit the sketch that you need to revolve and then make a geometric center line.

After that use the revolve option. Hope this helps.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:srawson)

If the first item you sketch is a Centerline, it will default to being the axis of revolution. If there's a question about it a Centerline is -not- a regular line converted to Construction.

If the selection is greyed out, it may be that you are not creating a revolved feature, but a linear extrusion.

Thank you so much for the help, it's all sorted out now!

Top Tags