cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Problem with text editor inside Wildfire

dvarkevisser
1-Newbie

Problem with text editor inside Wildfire

Dear all,

I am trying to edit a couple of filter-rules in a repeat region. I can remove all rules and I can ad rules one at a time. But when I push "edit" I receive a small black window saying "system cannot find the path specified" and no editor is opened.

Also if I go on Pro/program and I push "edit design" I receive thesame small black window saying "system cannot find the path specified" and no editor is opened.

I seem to have an Wildfire 4.0 - text editor issue.

Any tips on solving this issue??

PS, is it too late to wish everyone a verry good 2011??

+31 6 50 68 01 79
</u>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hello all,

David Brainsky'stip solved my problem, thanks!
I checked config.pro and I found: “pro_editor_command C:\WINNT\notepad.exe” And I am not working on WINNT anymore.
Removed this line from config.pro and I have full functionality again.

Kind regards,
Dennis Varkevisser

Sent: 08 January 2011 17:40
To: Dennis Varkevisser
Subject: Re: [proecad] - Problem with text editor inside Wildfire
Sounds like the default editor (notepad)is missing or not located where ProE can find it.. Try opening on another computer. You mentioned Pro Program had the same problem.Pro Program usesnotepad.

Add this option to the config.pro

pro_editor_command C:\WINDOWS\system32\write.exe

Where C:\|WINDOWS\system32 is the default location for this file.

This will force proe to use the wordpad editor. Or if you have a different editor select that one. Change the path as required.
If this works then get a copy of notepad.exe and add it tothe c:\windows folder.Remove any calls to the pro_editor in your config.pro

Dave

David Brainsky
Chula Vista, Ca. 91910

email: <u>-
</u>
Cell PH:619-253-5137

+31 6 50 68 01 79
</u>
Top Tags