cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problems Opening a model

pedgar
1-Newbie

Problems Opening a model

Hi there again. I have some issues opening some complex (with a lot of features, many of them surface generated solids)models. Whenever i try to open the models, programm shut off. Sometimes (and this saved me a lot of times) i can open a Geometry Representation of the models, and only then i can change the representation to Master, so i can continue working on the model. Sometimes i could open the models by using them as a Reference model in a new NC machinist file, and once model is loaded, by doing RMB "open Base" the model opens corrrectly in Master representation. BUt sometimes i have models that i could open back again in Master, so i can´t do anything with it. Did anybody have the same problem? How did you solve it? Thanks a lot!
2 REPLIES 2
pedgar
1-Newbie
(To:pedgar)

Did anyone has the same issue?? Hmm weird... Also i can notice that some models might be possible to be opened in some other pc´s...
WillyC
1-Newbie
(To:pedgar)

Try suppressing some of the last features created to see if you can identify the offender. The fact that you can open these files on another computer suggests something quirky in the way your computer handles a certain feature or perhaps a certain creation method. This could be hardware related or more likely a video driver. You might want to experiment a little with drivers. I had a similar problem back in ProE 2001 where mirrored holes would sometimes hose a drawing file. I would no more than toggle to a sheet and ProE would crash. I'd take the file to another machine and it would work fine. I have not encountered anything like this in Wildfire, by the way. Good luck and Happy New Year.
Top Tags