cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Process template

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member

Process template

Hi all

I have a question regarding Process templates within Creo

The new Process template feature within Creo is a big step forward, being now able to copy and save a machining sequence as a template.xml so that it can be reloaded into other model makes life easier, but I am finidng one draw back

As I am programming turning operation, most of my machines are twin head ( 4 axis ) or triple head ( 6 axis ) lathes.

now the problem is when I save a sequence on "HEAD 1" and reload it, it works fine, but when I save "HEAD 2", and reloded it, it want to attach to "HEAD 1" and drag the tool into "HEAD 1" tool list.

I have had a look at the saved .xml file and the only thing I can find that may point to what head ID the sequencce should attach to is the following

head+number.JPG

Is this the parameter that control head selection, if it is, why won't it set the head that the sequence was saved from.

"HEAD 1" works perfectly

"HEAD 2" attaches to "HEAD 1" and I have to go back and fix, HEAD , start & end points , and tool, this is a this is a pain in the neck for a feature designed to automate the process.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a hole the PTC needs to fix.

Peter

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags