cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Project sketch from one part to another part

cbrown-6
1-Newbie

Project sketch from one part to another part

Hello All,

I am trying to create a sketch inside of a part file that references a SKELETON part file. I need the new sketch to reference lines and geometry from the skeleton part file. Both of these files are inside of the same assembly. I am currently using Creo 2.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Chase,

You may try activating the part in assembly (Right click on part > Activate) and create sketch in activated part .

You can use publish geometry in your part from skeleton and use that geometry as a reference.

habdul
6-Contributor
(To:cbrown-6)

Hi Chase,

What you're wanting is pretty standard. As Mahesh said, you activate the part where you want to create the sketch. Create the sketch as usual referencing any geometry. Are you getting errors or are you not getting results? One thing you may want to be aware of is the display of inactive components in the assembly. If you want normal display of them, set config option dim_inactive_components to "never".

Also, make sure that config option default_ext_ref_scope is not prohibiting the user of external references.

Hatim

Top Tags