cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Pull a top level assembly user-defined parameter to repeat region in assembly drawing

James62
10-Marble

Pull a top level assembly user-defined parameter to repeat region in assembly drawing

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to display a top-level assembly user-defined parameter in repeat region of it's drawing?

From the observation I've made so far I think the only parameter that can be used in repeat regions from a top-level assembly is &asm.name. Which works in repeat regions perfectly. Can't seem to find any other.

Regards,

~Jakub

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Jakub,

You can call out any PARAMETER for a top-level assy in a repeat region by simply using the syntax &<parametername>.

Example: If you want to show the parameter PARTNUMBER for the top-level assembly, simply type &PARTNUMBER in the cell of the repeat region.

I will populate all cells with this value.

Mike

I am sorry about the confusion but I wanna be able to use this parameter in relations of repeat region.

The syntax &<parametername> works in notes in drawing but not in repeat region.

I can use <parametername> syntax there but then If I don't define the parameter directly in list of repeat region parameters I get a blank line and if I do define it then I get the value from the repeat region parameter, not the parameter from the model of top level assembly. Which is where I want it from.

I know it may seem simple but it's not. That's why I asked without too much mumble around at the first post.

Regards.

~Jakub

Jakub,

Can you give an example of the assembly parameter and the use of it (equation) in the repeat region?

Mike

Yeap, thanks Mike.

See the following pictures.

assembly_params.PNG

1st picture: Shows definition of parameters in the top level assembly. The parameter called MAT_OF_BOLTS_AND_NUTS is the one I am wanting to show in some cells of repeat region in the assembly drawing.

equotation in relations of repeat region.PNG

2nd picture: Is the equation I use in repeat region relations. While in the particular column where I wanna display the '"NEREZ" string I have defined the repeat region parameter as &rpt.rel.USER_MAT_TYPE

param_defined_in_repeat_region.PNG

3rd picture: ...and if I define the parameter in relation table of repeat region like this...

repeat_region_table_with_defined_param.PNG

4th picture: ...I get a result as displayed in the 8th row in the table on the picture...

repeat_region_table_without_defined_param.PNG

5th picture: ...and if I wipe that repeat region table parameter from under relations I get a blank line on the 8th row of the tab as you can see on the picture.

asm_param_in_drawing_note.PNG

6th picture: ... while the display of top level assembly parameter works well in a regular note of the assembly drawing.

~Jakub

Top Tags