cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Question on "owner" ..

Deguza
1-Newbie

Question on "owner" ..

[I posted this originally in a different forum, I have been told about this forum afterwards... So I am copying and pasting from my earlier posting.

I am reading about "Owners" now in the "help" screens, but I still have not figured out how to create an owner...]

Hello All:

I am a previous Cocreate software user. It has been a while since I did any CAD work.

To refresh my skills and learn the new PTC software, I downloaded the Creo Elemets.

I am not sure if this is the right forum but I ran into an issue that I am not able to figure out.

• I drew a two-dimensional object --say a rectangle. I am now trying to put dimensions on it:
  • I go to applications tab,
  • Click on "Annotation (click to add)".
  • Click on "New Drawing"
  • Choose w1

I do not know what to enter as the "Owner".

I cannot proceed beyond this.

Any help appreciated.

Deguza

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanAdler
12-Amethyst
(To:Deguza)

You currently only created a Workplane with 2D geometry on it. Annotation is used to dimesion 3D parts/assemblies. If you would like to make a drawing of a rectangle in Annotation you should "Pull" the 2D geometry from w1 to create a box. Next you can create a drawing of the box (p1) in Annotation with just one view of the front of the box.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DanAdler
12-Amethyst
(To:Deguza)

You currently only created a Workplane with 2D geometry on it. Annotation is used to dimesion 3D parts/assemblies. If you would like to make a drawing of a rectangle in Annotation you should "Pull" the 2D geometry from w1 to create a box. Next you can create a drawing of the box (p1) in Annotation with just one view of the front of the box.

DanAdler
12-Amethyst
(To:DanAdler)

Make sure the geometry on the Workplane is not Construction Geometry. By default Construction Geometry shows up as red dotted lines and actual 2D Geometry as solid black lines. Construction Geometry cannot be used to make 3D parts.

Thank you Daniel.

Now I am struggling with dimensioning

Things are a bit different fro the Cocreate software...

Deguza

Top Tags