cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Question regarding creo simulate 3.0

ksengkit
1-Newbie

Question regarding creo simulate 3.0

Hi, so I have a creo 3.0 student edition and I have a problem with the simulation taking too long to produce a result. I have set the force to be on the surface of the spring and at the bottom end of the wave spring I have set the displacement constraints. Attached is a screenshot of my part. Is there any settings that I should set in order for the simulation to produce results faster as I have 30 design of this spring with different parameters to test and it is taking a good 3 to 4 hours per analysis. Another question would be, would it be alright if I run 3 to 4 simulation at once and leave the computer overnight to get the results?

Thanks so much!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone
(To:ksengkit)

Hello

Do you have the opportunity to cut your piece to make a symmetry.

Kind regards.

Denis

What CPU do you have; how much memory; and where are you saving your temporary files and results?  What RAM allocation have you set in the Simulate options (I'm assuming the Educational version has the same options screen)?

As Denis says, symmetry is definitely your friend for models like this - although the spring appears to be effectively a helix, making symmetry much harder to find...  It might still be worth analysing one 'cell' of the structure to do the optimisation loop, in any case, and then just running a confirmation on the whole thing.

Also, are you running LDA (large displacement analysis)?  I suspect you may need to, to get accurate results for this type of spring if you're compressing it by a substantial fraction of its height.

Can you do sensitivity studies in Educational?  These might save you having to set up multiple runs manually, so instead you can just let the computer run a series of parameter values overnight.  I wouldn't recommend launching multiple runs simultaneously, but in theory you can use Pro/Batch to schedule jobs one after another.

How is your spring really loaded and constrained?  It looks like it's constrained at one point only (welded to something?!?), and the force is applied to the whole surface of the spring around all its turns, not just on the top crests of the top layer - do you really mean this?

Top Tags