cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Question related to table pattern in Creo 7.0

Satyendra
4-Participant

Question related to table pattern in Creo 7.0

I have a table pattern in creo where an angular dimension is considered in the table which i didn't find in the part. In the pattern table the dimension name is ROT_DIR_1.

Which dimension is this? Please reply if anyone have the answer. Thankyou.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

attached axis_pattern-TO-table_pattern.mp4 video shows what is going on when you transform Axis pattern to Table pattern.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Satyendra)

Can you share the file? It's gonna be difficult to diagnose with just a guess.

Satyendra
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Hello StephenW

I am not able to attached the Creo file here. Can you please provide any alternative or your email id. Thankyou.

My email id is satyen16@gmail.com

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You can zip a file and attach. For whatever reason, the community won't allow creo file extensions but will accept the .zip extension.

I wouldn't be able to accept a file via a gmail account, wouldn't ever make thru email filters.

StephenW_1-1694716593910.png

Satyendra
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Hello StephenW

I have attached the file. Please check it. Thankyou.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Is this created on an educational version of Creo 7.0?  I am unable to open it in an commercial version of Creo 7.0.  Most of us are running commercial versions.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
kdirth
20-Turquoise

You can view any named dimensions in the info of a feature.

RMB on feature in tree and select Information > Feature Information and scroll down to FEATURE'S DIMENSIONS section.  Hopefully you don't have a lot of features to pick from.

kdirth_0-1694722991512.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:kdirth)

If you use Edit Dimensions on a feature and select a dimension, the name can be found in the Dimension tab.

kdirth_0-1694724004890.png

Satyendra
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

Hello Kdirth

It's done in Creo 9.0. I forgot to mension it. Sorry about that. 

In the information, it shows d66. But i am unable to find it in the feutre. please check it and let me know. Thankyou.

Try searching for this dimension.  Use CTRL+F or click 

pausob_1-1694754548845.png

Then find dimensions, looking by dimensions

If it is found, the relevant feature will be listed in brackets, e.g.:

pausob_0-1694754528965.png

Satyendra
4-Participant
(To:pausob)

Satyendra_0-1694760992461.png

d66 is that dimension, but i am not getting that in the feature.

Can  you post a screenshot of the Pattern feature with dimensions and the Table? That could give an insight as to what is happening.

Satyendra_1-1694761194546.png

Satyendra_2-1694761240625.png

The dimension d66:F7(PATTERN_1) is not there inside the feature. The same dimension is added in the table as ROT_DIR_1.

@Satyendra wrote:

Satyendra_1-1694761194546.png

Satyendra_2-1694761240625.png

The dimension d66:F7(PATTERN_1) is not there inside the feature. The same dimension is added in the table as ROT_DIR_1.

Hi,

MartinHanak_0-1694762646829.png

MartinHanak_1-1694762680597.png

ROT_DIR_1 = d66

• you cannot display none of these names ... they are hidden inside pattern feature
  • I do not have any idea how did you created the model, therefore I cannot explain its behavior
  • try to create model once again and note down the exact procedure

Martin Hanák
Satyendra
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello Martin Hanak

Can you please check the attached file and let me know how it is added.

It's done in Creo 9.0.

Thankyou.

@Satyendra wrote:

Hello Martin Hanak

Can you please check the attached file and let me know how it is added.

It's done in Creo 9.0.

Thankyou.

Hi,

before your last reply I downloaded and investigate your model. The only thing I can do is to repeat my first reply:

ROT_DIR_1 = d66

• you cannot display none of these names ... they are hidden inside pattern feature
  • I do not have any idea how did you create the model, therefore I cannot explain its behavior
  • try to create model once again and note down the exact procedure

Martin Hanák

Hi,

attached axis_pattern-TO-table_pattern.mp4 video shows what is going on when you transform Axis pattern to Table pattern.

Martin Hanák

Just a thought....

A table pattern is used for Non-Uniform Pattern. One can achieve the same effect by sketching "Points" and then use the Point as reference to create the feature to be patterned. Use Point Pattern or Geometry pattern to achieve the same result.

Hope I have understood the requirements.

Untitled.png

Hi Satyendra,

I see that you are trying to Pattern a Sketch instead of a Feature. Consider viewing this video on Table Pattern. It should help.

https://youtu.be/rFPzftvqgdI?si=uQxReyeKKQMeeX9H 

For Point Pattern Refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3dGaBA9l6U&pp=ygUSQ3JlbyBQb2ludCBQYXR0ZXJu 

Hope this helps.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags