cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Radial increment not correct for Concentric fill pattern

adawkins
1-Newbie

Radial increment not correct for Concentric fill pattern

We're having some problems with the radial increment not being correct on a part with a concentric fill pattern so I made a very simple part and I'm seeing the same thing which makes me feel like I'm misunderstanding something...

I am trying to make a pattern of holes in a concentric circular pattern to fill a given space. I create a hole at the center and then use a fill pattern with concentric circular pattern and enter the desired radial and separation spacing - seems like it should be easy... [cid:1817ecd0-bc42-4834-82b0-2f712f835220]

When I measure the spacing distance it is exactly what I entered: 10.00:

[cid:1602a781-3d77-4ce5-8d92-2934647538b2]

But when I enter the radial distance it is always a little off from the value I entered - in this case I entered 15.000:

[cid:14dfef9c-7ae8-4b35-b2d1-477419df2c5a]

Can anyone explain why this is? I have a call in with PTC but haven't gotten any response yet.

Any advice highly appreciated,

Abby Dawkins

MCAD Support

KLA-Tencor Corp

(408)875-5892

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Abby,
Is it because a circle with radius 15 has a perimeter of 94.25 which
doesn't divide into 10 evenly? This means that either the radius or
spacing need to be modified slightly (or both). I don't know how to tell
ProE which dimension is more important.

Regards,
--
Mark von Huben
Cochlear Ltd

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE5D3B.D67664E0]where L is the section length. There are only two variables so creo must prioritize and ignore the second input
Top Tags