cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Red Surfaces!

Chirs33
6-Contributor

Red Surfaces!

Good morning everyone,

For my first post I have a little conundrum that may be to do with me being relatively new to Creo and surface modelling. I am creating a model that is using a family table to control different sizes of the same product. I have a couple of surfaces that are red/blue even though the surface regenerates across all sizes with no issues. I would like to understand what the problem is so that I can fix it. Are there any good ways to diagnose these kind of issues? As far as I can work out, red surfaces are failing and blue surfaces are attached to failing surfaces.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:Chirs33)

Without having access to the model it's a bit difficult to diagnose.  Can you upload it?

Do you have any failed features in the model tree?  Start by editing the definition of those and look for errors.

I'd take a look at the message log at the bottom of the screen after a regen for any error messages.  You can see the full log on Tools tab > Investigate section > Message Log.

In that same toolbar there's the Geometry Check command that might give you some insight.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Chirs33
6-Contributor
(To:dgschaefer)

Good morning Doug,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I cannot upload the model but using your suggestions I investigated a little further. First of all, there are no failing features in the model tree. Also when I regenerate the model there are no error messages. The geometry check suggestion however, did reveal an issue. See attached.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:Chirs33)

SOunds like that round is your issue, I'd try various radius values to see of you can determine why it's failing there.  Also, look for areas where the edge of the round is close to or crosses another vertex or edge.  That can sometimes cause issues.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags