cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Reference Balloon font

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Reference Balloon font

We have changed our default font from Font to Isofont on our drawings. We can select and update the font on most items, including balloons for the BOM. However, we cannot find a method to change the font for a reference balloon. Is this an oversight on the part of PTC software designers, an undocumented feature (bug) or actually by design? If by design, then I will open an enhancement request for Creo 22 (not a typo, I figure PTC will take that long to fix it) and hope that others agree this should be fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

I think that an SPR would be better than an enhancement request here.  There might be some inobvious background, but it certainly sounds odd.  I'll keep an eye out for the SPR and investigate the issue.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II

THAT REFERENCE BALLOON!!! ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

It has been my experience that once a reference balloon has been added to a drawing you can never ever update it.

I really would like someone to prove me wrong. I've applied every hack I could to figure out with no luck.

mender
6-Contributor

I think that an SPR would be better than an enhancement request here.  There might be some inobvious background, but it certainly sounds odd.  I'll keep an eye out for the SPR and investigate the issue.

It won't be Creo 22. PTC has never gone above Revision 20** without changing the product name. Mathcad only made it to15 before becoming Mathcad Prime.Pro/E got to 20. WF made it to 5.

** They broke it to 2000i and some other version names, but the string of sequential numbers ended at 20.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dschenken)

What is in a name anyway? Internally, Creo3 is version 34 according to the LM files. I may have been better off saying PTC/CAD Parametric software version 52!

I did beta testing on Unigraphics V19 one year. About half way through the beta test distributions the name changed from Unigraphics V19 to UG NX1.

Is it Friday yet, I think I need the 3 day week next week sooner.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Case 13371450 has been opened.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you don't mind Ben / Matthew, post any kind of resolution you come to. I'm very interested in this since it touches on issues I have had with reference balloons.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

reported to R&D as SPR 6247941

I just wanted to post an update to this issue.

We've looked at the SPR and it turns out that this isn't a bug per se. The reference balloon is based on a drawing symbol and drawing symbols in general do not provide the capability of changing the font for an individual instance on the drawing - you have to edit the symbol definition to change the font.

That being said, the best way to fix this would be to add support to symbols in general for changing the font of an instance. I've added this enhancement to our backlog of things to be considered in the future.

In the meantime, there is a workaround that could be used to edit the default ref balloon symbol definition to use a different font. You can find a description of this workaround here: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS23593

I would just issue a word of warning that you should be careful when editing the default symbol found in the Creo loadpoint and take a copy of the unedited one before making any changes so you can revert it when needed. Also, since this item is in the Creo loadpoint you'll want to take care when updating the software as it might be overwritten.

Top Tags