cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Reference Pattern switching references

kkrahmer
2-Guest

Reference Pattern switching references

I have an assy that has some planks that have patterened fastener holes. In the assy I pattern the planks. I then add the fasteners to each plank and refernce pattern them and end up as you would expect with all holes having the appropriate fastener.

At some point Creo loses the FEATURE reference pattern and switches it to the COMPONENT reference pattern and the fasteners end up stacked on the 1st feature of the feature pattern on each of the components. So if there are 10 components patterned, I end up with 10 fastener stacks on the 1st feature of each component. So my BOM then says there are 10 components/pattern and 10 patterns for 100 fasteners. So since the # of items in the feature pattern are different (4) than the number of components patterned, the BOM is screwed up as well since there should be 4 stacks x 10 components for 40 fasteners.

I have never had this problem before. Has anyone else seen this?

CREO 2.0 M100 Windows 7

Karl Krahmer

-

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I have run into this ”phenomenon” over the years. It’s not exclusive to Creo. In your case, I would assemble the 1st plank, then assemble the fastener & pattern it in the 1st plank. Next I group the plank and fastener pattern. Then I pattern the group. Should give you your desired results.

Regards, SMS

Steve Shannon
Tooling Engineer
trans-matic
300 East 48th St.
Holland, MI 49423
phone (616) 820-2427
fax (616) 820-2488
www.transmatic.com
Top Tags