cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Reference Pattern with a Form Tool

bwudtke
10-Marble

Reference Pattern with a Form Tool

Hi, for some reason i am having trouble referencing a form tool with the reference pattern...Basically I have a extrude that i pattern, then i want to use that pattern for the form to reference off of, but i am having trouble, it isn't recognizing any reference. I have tried to use a surface from the extrude when i placed the form tool, and have tried to use a coordinate system for the form to default too. If someone could help me out that would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Brock

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Reference patterns are picky. Your form tool may be referencing a feature that is located before the reference pattern. It is really tough to make a call without actually looking at the part.

Top Tags