cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Relation between two different parts.

sbhushankumar
1-Newbie

Relation between two different parts.

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to create a relation between two different parts. For example , suppose I have created two different parts each having a hole of say 10 mm and 12 mm diameter respectively. Now what I want is If I edit the dia of the hole in the first part say I increase it by 5 to make it 15, the hole in the second part should update automatically to 17.

Please let me me know if this is possible and how.

Thank you,

Shashi.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
huggre
1-Newbie
(To:Gucio)

There are many methods you can use in Creo for this: skelletons, relations, notebook (layout), publish/copy geom. etc.

You just have to pick the method that is most appropriate for your requirement.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gucio
14-Alexandrite
(To:sbhushankumar)

hi,

if you put those parts into asm- you'll be able to do it via relations.

regad,

gucio

Krzysztof
huggre
1-Newbie
(To:Gucio)

There are many methods you can use in Creo for this: skelletons, relations, notebook (layout), publish/copy geom. etc.

You just have to pick the method that is most appropriate for your requirement.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:huggre)

Find "top down design method in PTC Creo" in Google

Top Tags