cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Remember the Make Datum from before Wildfire?

jnelson
13-Aquamarine

Remember the Make Datum from before Wildfire?

Anyone remember using the Make Datum option, before Wildfire, that was mostly for on the fly sketch and/or orientation reference planes?

Anyone that remembers that, may also be able to answer this. I thought I had done this before, but I am not sure...

While working in Wildfire 3 (or later), I am trying to modify a part that was created in release 2001.

Back then when using the Make Datum while creating a feature, the Datum was truly "embedded" within the part/feature, and was not seen on the model tree/structure.

Problem/Question is...I thought that there was a way to make the Datum reappear, for example to reference other features to it and/or to edit the definition to reference something else...

Anyone know if this is/was possible?

Hopefully this made sense. It is kind of difficult to reference an old release and functionality that has not been around in a while.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags