cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Remove Feature Tool

ptc-3165095
1-Newbie

Remove Feature Tool

I have been evaluating the Remove feature in WF4 for the last few days. I have found that on simple models it works well, by simple I mean a block with a hole in it with some rounds on the edges. When trying to use it on a simple casting I found it to be time consuming and difficult to use. I also had the pleasure of it locking up on me 3 times. So I ask this, what makes this tool better than using suppress and a family table?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I believe the main purpose of this tool is to be used for import geometries. I use it all the time to elliminate unwanted features from import models. In other case I must use alot of cuts and extrudes. I cannot see the point to remove features from a Pro/E model with this tool by adding an extra feature, if you can supress it within the family table.
DarylWolf
4-Participant
(To:ArisTroulis)

I use it everyday. We get a lot of imported models and I can remove corners and fillet and holes very easy. It locks up because the calculation is too difficult. You have to turn off the show function and pick all the surfaces first. Sometimes that doesnt even work. but if you pick around sometimes you can remove some of the area first then go back and remove the rest. I use it all day everyday and there are some tricks once you get the hang of it. good luck.
Top Tags