cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Removing a surface in Style

nweston
1-Newbie

Removing a surface in Style

Hi all,

I'm attempting to model a razer deathadder mouse in Creo 3.0 using the style feature.

I've used the green surface to create a curve on the blue surface and trim it, but how do I now get rid of the green surface? I can hide it but it just comes back when I exit style.

remove surface.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ckeller
11-Garnet
(To:nweston)

as long as the edges are not coincident, such that the style feature will stitch them into a single quilt, then each quilt is separately pickable (as a quilt).  There are a couple of ways to hide only the construction quilt.

1) create a layer that automatically collects all "quilts" then you can right click on only the ones that you want visible and remove from your hidden layer. (this is how I do)

2) another way you can do this is to consider the style feature as a construction feature in and of itself.  select the geometry or quilts that you want to use for downstream features and copy it.  then the copy feature can be redefined to contain the surfaces you need for use and exclude the construction geometry.  then you just hide the style feature.

good luck.

PS: The super simple layer rule for #1 is as shown below.  Every time you regenerate the model, the quilts will get collected by this layer, unless they are explicitly excluded.  you can exclude them either in the layer-items dialog or by right clicking on any item in the layer and clicking "cut-item".  if you hide the layer, then any quilt not on that layer will be shown (unless hidden by another method)

works much better this way especially when you are doing surfacing where features might have multiple quilts.

2017-01-04_14h09_19.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kevin
10-Marble

You can add the surface quilts to a layer by individually selecting them. You could also write a rule that collects the style quilts and exclude the one you want to show so you can hide the other.

ckeller
11-Garnet

as long as the edges are not coincident, such that the style feature will stitch them into a single quilt, then each quilt is separately pickable (as a quilt).  There are a couple of ways to hide only the construction quilt.

1) create a layer that automatically collects all "quilts" then you can right click on only the ones that you want visible and remove from your hidden layer. (this is how I do)

2) another way you can do this is to consider the style feature as a construction feature in and of itself.  select the geometry or quilts that you want to use for downstream features and copy it.  then the copy feature can be redefined to contain the surfaces you need for use and exclude the construction geometry.  then you just hide the style feature.

good luck.

PS: The super simple layer rule for #1 is as shown below.  Every time you regenerate the model, the quilts will get collected by this layer, unless they are explicitly excluded.  you can exclude them either in the layer-items dialog or by right clicking on any item in the layer and clicking "cut-item".  if you hide the layer, then any quilt not on that layer will be shown (unless hidden by another method)

works much better this way especially when you are doing surfacing where features might have multiple quilts.

2017-01-04_14h09_19.png

Top Tags