cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Rename parts with a parameter

imoldes
8-Gravel

Rename parts with a parameter

Hello.

Is there a way to rename parts/assemblies/drawings using a parameter? Or is there a way to rename automatically several files writing the name only one time? The problem is that I have to rename the drawing, assembly and a part with the same name a lot of times, so it would be good if there is a way to reduce the time inverted on it.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cchen-2
4-Participant
(To:imoldes)

QQ图片20170216110545.png

may be able to help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris3
20-Turquoise

You can't use a parameter to do this. The best you can do is to use a mapkey or one of the APIs if you can program.

you can also click save as copy, where you can rename them all at once. it also supports search and replace and wildcards (*) so if you have a properly defined name in the beginning, you can convert it to whatever you want.

Hi,

renaming is dangerous operation, because all related objects must be opened in Creo session, renamed and saved.

Solution no.1: Rename files using Windchill functionality, if you have Windchill implemented

Solution no.2: Create custom application, which executes renaming action for you according your company rules.

MH

Martin Hanák
cchen-2
4-Participant

QQ图片20170216110545.png

may be able to help

Hello.

Thank you all for your answers.

A Wei, this could help me a lot, didn't know that option. Thank you very much!

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite
(To:cchen-2)

Im currently using creo 3.0. I can't find the option for opening the dialog box. From where do you open it?

Top Tags