cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Reorder a feature to first position

Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine

Reorder a feature to first position

System : Wildfire 4

Hi @ all,

I try to create a coordinate system and reorder it to the first position in the model tree. The creation is no problem. After that i create an array and shift the newly created feature up to position two.

So I want to get it to position one, but thats not possible.

I can also reorder all other features to the last number. But if there are references between these features I get a failure while reorder.

Have someone an idea how to solve this problem?

Code:

ids[0] = newFeat.id;

tkerr = ProFeatureReorder((ProSolid)mdl, ids, 1, 2);

free(ids);

So I use this to get it to number 2 in tree, but number 1 is not possible (Error: -2 BAD_INPUTS). Every other number is possible.

tkerr = ProFeatureReorder((ProSolid)mdl, ids, idCount, idCount+1);

free(ids);

So the other solution I tested.

Thx for your answers,

best regards,

Eike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Ok ... I found a solution.

I create the feature as last feature, Move it to position 2 and then move feature one to position 2.

After that the new feature is on position 1.

Perfect. : )

If you need it remember that groups and group patterns can be also be the first feature.

Best reagards,

Eike

Eike,
What I have done in the past is set the insertion point with ProFeatureInsertModeActivate() before I create the new feature.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CF23F6.EB40C050]

Hi Patrick,

thats right. I test with that command,too. But the problem is that you can't set the insert mode at the first feature position. You also can't set it there manually.

Best regards,

Eike

Top Tags