cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Repeat Region Relations

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Repeat Region Relations

I have an existing BOM table that has this in it as a repeat region relation:

IF asm_mbr_type == "BULK ITEM"
quantity = "AR"
ELSE
quantity = rpt_qty
ENDIF

I am now trying to create a new BOM table that is formatted differently and when I cut and paste the relations from the existing table into the new table, it gives me errors.

errorInvalid symbol 'asm_mbr_type' found.
quantity = "AR"
ELSE
quantity = rpt_qty
errorInvalid symbol 'rpt_qty' found.
ENDIF

Very confusing as to what Creo is doing. I have both the old and the new table in the same drawing. Old table puts AR in the QTY column, new table fails to verify and won't do anything.

I had some issues trying this with Creo 4 M080 and now I am on Creo 7.0.5.0 and seeing the same error. Does anyone have an idea what I am missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

suppose that you add following relation into Relation dialog box.

quantity = "AR"
ELSE
quantity = rpt_qty
ENDIF

What is Creo doing in this situation? It expects that all parameters used in relation are displayed in repeat region columns !!!

If this condition is not met then you have to expand Local Parameters area and add non-displayed parameters. In your situation you have to add two parameters - asm_mbr_type -AND- rpt_qty (parameter Type is changed by Creo to Unknown automatically).

See following picture:

MartinHanak_0-1636397338142.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Do you have the quantity attribute shown as a column? If not, you'll probably need to add Quantity to the list of local parameters in the new table repeat region relations. For the relations to work, your parameter needs to be shown in the local parameters of the table. Adding it as a column does that and adding it manually works too.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Tdaugherty)

The column is in the BOM table and uses the value of &rpt.rel.quantity for the value.

This is the old BOM table:

BenLoosli_0-1636382225238.png

This is the new one with &rpt.qty:

BenLoosli_1-1636382301986.png

When I switch it to &rpt.rel.quantity, the whole column is blank since there are no relations to drive it.

I have both BOM tables in the same drawing for testing. The old one works, the new one doesn't.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:BenLoosli)

The only thing I see is you are using &rpt.rel.quantity.  Should that be &rpt.rel.qty?

There is always more to learn in Creo.

I was just solving this as I learn more about repeat regions to automate mine. Martin beat me to it.

A thing that is different on my test setup is when I have &rpt.qty in the repeat region table the bulk item has the qty "1" not a blank. I wonder why?

@BG_9869104 wrote:

I was just solving this as I learn more about repeat regions to automate mine. Martin beat me to it.

A thing that is different on my test setup is when I have &rpt.qty in the repeat region table the bulk item has the qty "1" not a blank. I wonder why?

Hi,

I guess this is caused by attributes you set for your repeat region. See following picture.

MartinHanak_0-1636436412773.png

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:BenLoosli)

Review this post and see if the process I went through will also help you.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/1-2-of-a-part/m-p/100428

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Not really, sorry.

I have a repeat region BOM table that has the quantity set to AR for Bulk Items.

When I copy that same relation file to a new repeat region BOM table, it fails with an error saying that asm_mbr_type is an invalid symbol.  Yet the same symbol in another BOM table on the same drawing works fine. 

Hi,

suppose that you add following relation into Relation dialog box.

quantity = "AR"
ELSE
quantity = rpt_qty
ENDIF

What is Creo doing in this situation? It expects that all parameters used in relation are displayed in repeat region columns !!!

If this condition is not met then you have to expand Local Parameters area and add non-displayed parameters. In your situation you have to add two parameters - asm_mbr_type -AND- rpt_qty (parameter Type is changed by Creo to Unknown automatically).

See following picture:

MartinHanak_0-1636397338142.png

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MartinHanak)

The key was in adding asm_mbr_type as a parameter to the relation along with quantity.

I had the quantity parameter added.

I would have thought that the asm_mbr_type would have been a system level parameter as it is pulling in the file type from the object itself.

Top Tags