cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Repeat Regions & Representations

awaters
1-Newbie

Repeat Regions & Representations

Hello everyone!

I've been trying to create a repeat region BOM that will load characteristics from multiple simplified representations of the same model. For example, check out this chart below displaying an assembly with 3 simplified representation variants.

Part numberPart DescriptionIndexSimp. Rep 1Simp. Rep 2Simp. Rep 3
&asm.mbr.userparameter&asm.mbr.userparameter&rpt.index&rpt.qty&rpt.qty&rpt.qty
12345Square peg1111
98765Plate with round hole2101
12398Hammer3110

I've found one file in our entire system that is somewhat similar to what I want, but it looks like it was created in Pro/E.

Representations.png

Here's a picture of what I've got from the old file. The part circled in red can only be seen if I highlight the cell (displayed behind rpt.qty) or if I change the text style. When I type that same value ( to at the very least try to re-produce the same result ) into the extra column I've added on the far side, I get the error shown. Clearly, it recognizes the language and the functionality but does "not allow it".

Was this functionality disabled in Creo 2.0? Any ideas?

-Adam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:awaters)

Adam,

Check attached video, I hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:awaters)

Adam,

Check attached video, I hope this will help you.

Thanks Mahesh!

-Adam

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags