cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Replace reference in pro/program

Gucio
14-Alexandrite

Replace reference in pro/program

Hi all,

is is it possible to replace reference for feature in *.prt in pro/program. Ex. Having parameter A=“DTM1” sketch feature should be create on DTM1 datum. But when parameter A=“DTM2” - DTM2 should be used??

any ideas??

Krzysztof
3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Gucio)

I don't use pro/program, but do a lot of relations stuff. That said, I can look at the program for a model via the Model->Model Intent->Program menu selection.

From what I see there, the datum you are using for a feature is specified in one of the FEATURE blocks. For example, in one of my models, it says something like

PROTRUSION: Extrude
No.        ELEMENT NAME       INFO
---          ---------------------          -------
1           Feature Name            Defined
4.1.1     Sketching Plane         PLN-Z0:F3 (DATUM PLANE)

Presumably, if I wanted to change the plane reference I'd need to replace "PLN-Z0:F3" with another reference. It seems to be <Feature Name>:F<Feature Number>.

It doesn't seem to be something that you can use a parameter for, unless I'm wrong. I don't know if you can use parameters in any area of the program except the relations.

Gucio
14-Alexandrite
(To:KenFarley)

you can use parameter for control if whole feature is created or not.
if Parameter_A=="DTM1"

ADD feature_A
END IF
so if Parameter_A has different value - feature_A is suppresed.

So, in that case, I can solve it by creating two features, and can control which should be created at given time. But my case is much more complicated. That's why I would like to control specific line inside "block".

Maybe there is another way to achieve it.  Maybe pro/program is not a proper solution.

Krzysztof
jbob
11-Garnet
(To:Gucio)

I am sure you have thought about this but if nothing else is attached or referenced to DTM1 could you not just change the location of DTM1 when parameter A = "DTM2"

Top Tags