cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Revit by autodesk and .bim files

CaseyHammonds
1-Newbie

Revit by autodesk and .bim files

I have been asked by several food service consultants about a product call Revit which creates .bim files.

Does anyone know if Pro-E is in anyway compatable with this software?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Casey,

we've been asked to do the same. Revit is the only software I know creates BIM models, but I believe there are several others out there. It seems Autodesk is leading the charge of Building Information Managment (BIM) models. I believe Inventor easily outputs a format that Revit can read. I also believe that Pro/Engineer's ACIS (.sat) export will import directly to Revit as well, but have not tested this.

I'd be interested to hear anything else you run across in regards to BIM. We do surveillance systems that are commonly mounted on buildings, require power and multiple wired connections and interface with other systems. This is the sort of information that I understand BIM handles and is desired by contractors.

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:JoshH)

I can't believe this is the most recent post about BIM or Revit.

Is anybody else out there getting asked about exporting BIM models?

I don't know our business use-cases, but I am still getting asked about Creo's ability to export models for BIM.

I'm interested to see if anybody else has the same issue or has implemented some common practices for BIM models.

RobertH
13-Aquamarine
(To:JoshH)

We have the same issue but no solution yet.

Hi Robert,

I came across the same problem before a year. My company purchased a product Creo to Revit Exporter from BIMDeX. Using that product, we were able to get all Creo data in BIM and design accordingly.

We also won several projects using this product.

If you still face the problem, you can mail at sales@bim-dex.com

So we have been testing the BIM-Dex solution.  Our testing ended very quickly when we found out that the BIM-Dex software could not export Family Table instances.  Every time an instance is selected, it converts the generic model to Revit.

Have you seen the same?

Top Tags