cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Round error

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Round error

Anyone get this error? I get it all the time. It could be a round with one edge selected, and it fails with the following message:

Recent changes have caused user-defined transition references to be lost.

Changes to either the current feature's geometry or to some other feature have caused the references for user-defined transition (No. 1) to be lost.

The affected transitions must have their references redefined.

Recommended actions: Redefine the TRANSITIONS element for the failed feature, and select the Transitions indicated above for redefinition. Reselect lost references.

Now: I know what a user-defined transition is. I know I have not created any in this round. So why does it give me this message? It's WF 5.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

....ALL the time. Not very descriptive, is it? Sometimes a change in radius (up or down) fixes it. Sometimes going into transition mode, and picking thru the optional conditions fixes it. Sometimes a change in part absolute accuracy (up or down) fixes it. Sometimes you just drop-kick your PC out a 3rd story window.....

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:Patriot_1776)

Nah, I try changing the radius, doesn't work. Sometimes it does, but mostly it doesn't. UI can go into transition mode and delete the transition which has magically appeared there, but when I go back to the round set mode and hit preview or accept, I go back to the exact same error.. I go back to transition mode, and there it is again....

Changing part accuracy... usually dangerous in my experience Kicking my computer out the window.... I don't think our employer would like that very much.

How about this? PTC, FIX IT.

These error messages are ridiculous and unhelpful. I created a product idea to fix them. Please vote for it.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

You know that special thing you can do, but didn't do? Yeah, that's making this fail.

I too get ti all the time, and it's maddening. If I didn't define a transition, how can one be failing? The transition error sometimes leads you to the area that's a problem, and as Frank said, sometimes redefining the transition will fix it. Many times, like any other round failure, tweaking the radius will fix it or at least make it obvious where and why it's failing.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Oh, and SOMETIMES making it a conic rounds works too. Rounds are the single most maddening feature, just ahead of the weird stuff draft does. Although, to be fair, at least in the plastics or casting worlds, it IS a difficult thing to do where geometry gets weird. The round should still tell us more about what to fix, and where.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:GrahameWard)

Grahame,

Is there any chance you could upload this model to this discussion? I'd like to try making the same change in Creo 3 and see if it fails the same way or the behavior/messages have been improved.

Top Tags