cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

STEP File Creation in Pro|E not Readable in SolidWorks

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

STEP File Creation in Pro|E not Readable in SolidWorks

All,

I have created some STEP files for a customer. My customer is having various types of machining and prototypes fabricated, and some of their vendors want STEP files. These vendors have SolidWorks. I have provided STEP files and I am being told that these vendors are having trouble viewing the STEP files in SolidWorks. I do not know any of the details about the problems that they are having.

Are there any config.pro options that would make these files "more readable" from SolidWorks.

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
<u>neal@geometrixeng.c</u>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I have run into this also and the problem may be in the header info in
the STEP file. See the example header info shown below:

ISO-10303-21;

HEADER;

FILE_DESCRIPTION(('STEP AP214'),'1');

FILE_NAME('P:/OLD USER
FILES/USERS/sales/sales/RFQ's/Test/PART_NAME/part-123-.stp','2009-10-05T
Top Tags