cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

STL-Export of Single Parts

ckorsten
1-Newbie

STL-Export of Single Parts

Hi All!

I am testing Creo for our works purpouses. Is there a quick way to export the single parts of an assembly as stl as single entities? All creo does ist exporting it as a single mesh.

Thx for your help mates!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Christopher,

Just to clarify, and make sure that I understand, you would like to export an assembly, containing, say 5, components, to the STL format.  After export, you want 5 different STL files, 1 for each of the components in the assembly.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Amit

Hi Amit,

yes exactly. I have seen that there is an option to export every single component, but I would have to use it 5 times. Thats not option for larger modells with 20+ parts. Is there a quick solution.?

Thanks a lot,

Chris

Depending on what you do with the STL files, many programs will let you break apart an assembly on the build plate and then treat them individually.

You might also look at some of the other facet export formats.  I had one dump separate files on me one day and that is not what I wanted.

However, I like the option... hope it is there already.  If not, maybe an Idea can be submitted.

Hi,

requested functionality is not available. You can create your own software solution. Before you start programming, you need to know:

• how to create a list of components (for example, you can save customized BOM of your assembly)
  • how to export single part into STL (you will get sample trail file)
  • how to generate trail file executing STL export for list of components

You can use AutoIt software to create a tool with requested functionality.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags