cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

SUMMARY CRC errors

MartinBrown
3-Visitor

SUMMARY CRC errors

All
Apparently there is not an article on CRC errors, how they are created and how they are repaired.
Thanks to several people who took the time to write up their explanations.

ORIGINAL POST:

I have a new to Pro/E user and the topic of CRC errors has come up. I'm not doing a very good job of explaining how they come up and I'm under the gun on other issues. So I was wondering if anyone has a good write-up on CRC errors and their resolution that they would be willing to share.

REPLIES:

I understand your frustration....all in a nut shell, CRC errors (circular reference) are created by using illegal reference per say. Ex: if I use the geometry on part 1 to model in a cut on part 2, then later in the model tree I cut away the same geometry on part 1 that was used in the cut on part 2, I get circular reference, because Pro uses that geometry to create other geometry. Pro will fail to figuring this out, Once this is understood, you'll be able to model without any CRC in the future. I wish I could direct you to some site to study this, however I don't know none.
Kelly

Here are some MCAD forum links that discuss *.crc files:
* CRC:
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Martin,

Sorry I didn't chime in before your summary, but as an additional note, in Wildfire 4, the Reference viewer gives you a graphical representation of the circular reference and makes it a little easier to drill down to really figure out what's going on.

Joshua Houser
MCAD Tools Administrator
Pelco
Worldwide Headquarters:
3500 Pelco Way
Clovis, CA 93612-5699 USA
Phone 559/292-1981
North America 800/289-9100
-

www.pelco.com

The CIRCULAR_REFS option in ModelCHECK can be configured to report
looped references as either an error or warning. I think that was
introduced in WF2 although it may have been WF1 ...

Regards,

Dustin Neifer
Manufacturing Information Technology

"Joshua Houser" <->
05/13/2009 01:00 PM
Please respond to
"Joshua Houser" <->

To
-
cc

Subject
[proecad] - RE: SUMMARY CRC errors

Hi Martin,
Sorry I didn't chime in before your summary, but as an additional note, in
Wildfire 4, the Reference viewer gives you a graphical representation of
the circular reference and makes it a little easier to drill down to
really figure out what's going on.
Joshua Houser
MCAD Tools Administrator
Pelco
Worldwide Headquarters:
3500 Pelco Way
Clovis, CA 93612-5699 USA
Phone 559/292-1981
North America 800/289-9100
-

www.pelco.com

-

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information. No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Top Tags