cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

SURFACE COLOURING based on the datum TOLERANCE VALUE

ptc-3976863
1-Newbie

SURFACE COLOURING based on the datum TOLERANCE VALUE

I have a request on the SURFACE COLOURING based on the datum TOLERANCE VALUE on that surface.

Can any one help me out. Pls

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

This would have to be a VB, Toolkit, or J-Link application. I just don't see a way of achieving it with the standard iterface.

You'd want to look at the Find Tool to achieve this kind of thing. It's really your only hope. If you had a way of TAGGING your surfaces based on tolerance value, you may have a way to locate the tagged surfaces and gather them for coloring but I think it's a long shot. Plus, you'd have to find and color those surfaces yourself. If Find could do it, you could automate the process...

I've tried gathering some objects recently for for other purposes using the Find Tool in Wildfire 5. To be honest, the results are inconsistent in this revision. Maybe something has changed and I am no longer using the tool properly... or maybe it's just squirrelly in my build of Wildfire 5 (M120). If you had any chance of selecting surfaces based upon tolerance values it would be through the Find Tool.

Sorry I don't have better advice! Maybe someone will have a tip that involves ModelCheck, Creo View, or CeTOL. Perhaps those packages have some cool hidden function that could help? I wouldn't be the farm on it, though.

Good luck!

-Brian

Hi Brian,

Thank You for your valuable suggestion.

Shiva Kumar

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags