cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Save A Copy red X

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Save A Copy red X

I'm getting this error when trying to save a copy with new names for all objects.

"Save a copy action cannot be performed for models: xxxxx.xxx (multiple Occurances) because of incompatible status of their higher level assemblies or/and lower level components"

Was trying to rename by adding a suffix.

When I open the objects that have a red X, I can rename everything in that assembly or part.

The save a copy interface will not let me choose reuse. And it will not let me continue with the red X's

Help!

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

By the way, this is unrelated to windchill. I backed up the assembly to disk then started up creo without PDMLink. Same problem.

David Haigh

There is a sub-assy that is using flexibility to suppress components. All the red X's are in this sub-assy. Suppressing that assembly, allowed renaming everything and save a copy to work.
(Thanks to a suggestion by Neal Hanratty.)

Essentially the full sub-assy has a straight and a bent version of a couple of components. Instead of using a family table to select which to show in the upper assembly they are using flexibility.

Not sure why this should cause a problem. I can bring up the sub-assy and save a copy on it with no issues, but then it doesn't have flexibility at that point.

Are flexible items an issue for save a copy?

David Haigh

David:

Put
another way:

art
A is copied to part 1

Part
B is confused. Do I depend on part A or part 1?

Best,

Factory
Pipe

Top Tags