cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Saving a copy of an assembly with suppressed components (creo3)

fc
4-Participant
4-Participant

Saving a copy of an assembly with suppressed components (creo3)

I have to save a copy of an assembly. in this assembly some components are suppressed. is it necessary to "resume" the suppressed components in order to save them?

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:fc)

If you want to change their name, yes.  If not then you can leave them suppressed, but they will not be sent to the new location (assuming you're doing the save-as to some other folder).  You will need to manually copy these files to that folder before you try to resume them.

fc
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

I give an example of how I work.

in the xx folder I have:

_un assembly X.asm

_with two components Ax.prt active and Bx.prt suppressed

Now I create a yy folder and it becomes my workbook.

At this point I go to the xx folder, I open the X.asm assembly and I save a copy.

_save copy of X.asm becomes Y.asm

the active Ax.prt components become Ay.prt

To have the copy save also of Bx.prt I have to make it active.

When I find hundreds of prt. suppressed the work becomes very long.

I have to reactivate them all, save a copy, and suppress them all again.

my assemblies are managed by pro-program.

inside the family table and everything else for standard and commercial components.

I've been using this method since 1994 ... and it was the result of a study with PTC technicians.

the copy save allows me to bring in the new assembly both the table and the program and all the references

today I find large assemblies and I was hoping that with Creo something new could be done for my problem.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:fc)

Windchill can do this but to the best of my knowledge stand-alone Creo cannot.  When I was doing a lot of Pro/PROGRAM work in the past I would create a special mode (parameter value - "All On") that would turn on every single Pro/PROGRAM suppressed component so that the assembly could be easily duplicated.  Might be something to consider...

fc
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

yes this beech, even now.
the problem is not the assembly X.asm but the Y.asm assembly that will have all the prt. active and I will have to go and suppress all the same .prt of the X.asm

Top Tags