cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Selecting part of surface

SamWorthington
11-Garnet

Selecting part of surface

I am trying to select part of a surface but Creo 2.0 only selects the whole surface across the boundary.

You can see this from the images below: The first one shows a seingle surface selected, and the second the Intent Surface. Both surface cross the the ledge, but all I want is the thin strip towards the top of hte image. I've tried trimming the surface using the corner line, but even though Creo correltly creates an intersected line, it won't trim successfully using this line.

140409103925_2.jpg

140409103643_1.jpg

I presume there is a way to do it using Creo's rather unintuituve surface selection using various combinations of ctrl and shift, but I can't figure it out.

Help would be appreciated,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've sorted it. For anyone elses benefit:

Select the surface, start the command (copy in my case) right-click and select Exclude Surfaces and Fill Holes. Select the edge of any surface loops that you don't want including.

Jobs a good 'un.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I've sorted it. For anyone elses benefit:

Select the surface, start the command (copy in my case) right-click and select Exclude Surfaces and Fill Holes. Select the edge of any surface loops that you don't want including.

Jobs a good 'un.

HELLO SIR!

THERE IS A SPLIT SURFACE FEATURE IN CREO,TRY USING THAT,IT ALLOWS TO SEPERATE CONTOURS THAT BECOMES A SINGLE SELECTION DUE TO A SINGLE FEATURE AS PARENT.YOU CAN FIND THIS FEATURE IN EDITNG TAB.HOPE IT WOULD BE HELPFUL.I'M UNABLE TO UPLOAD THE PART FILE RIGHT NOW WHICH I'VE CREATED SHOWING ITS USE.

Top Tags