cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Selecting solid surfaces

ptc-5279490
1-Newbie

Selecting solid surfaces

Creo Parametric/ProE experts,

The company I work for switched to Creo Parametric (2.0, M060)from WF4 last fall.

In Wildfire when working on a part which is machined from a castingwe would "paint" the external surfaces of the merged casting a color from the appearance gallerythenas we "machined" features into the casting/model the core color of the model would be exposed. This improved the appearance of the part and also provided a means of assuring full cleanupof a machined feature. My recollection of this process in WF was that we would go into the appearance gallery, select a color (eg. black), select a random surface on the model then right click and select "solid surfaces" from the RMB menu. This selected all the surfaces of the model and "painted" them black. Subsequent features "machined" into the model revealed the grey "core" color of the model.

I have been unable to find a method to select all the surfaces in Creo. A cute little paint brush pops up and I can select individual (or multiple) surfaces of the model or I can select the entire part (which colors the "core" too) but I have been unable to find a simple method to select and colorall the individual surfaces of the model without effecting the core also.

Can someone tell me where this functionality went or is the cute little paint brush an "intended functionality improvement".

Thanks in advance,

Jim Majewski

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-5279490)

Before going to the appearance gallery, I select any solid surface first, then right click "solid surfaces" and then select the color I want the surface to be.

Works like a charm.

In Reply to Jim Majewski:

Original post:

Creo Parametric/ProE experts,

The company I work for switched to Creo Parametric (2.0, M060)from WF4 last fall.

In Wildfire when working on a part which is machined from a castingwe would "paint" the external surfaces of the merged casting a color from the appearance gallerythenas we "machined" features into the casting/model the core color of the model would be exposed. This improved the appearance of the part and also provided a means of assuring full cleanupof a machined feature. My recollection of this process in WF was that we would go into the appearance gallery, select a color (eg. black), select a random surface on the model then right click and select "solid surfaces" from the RMB menu. This selected all the surfaces of the model and "painted" them black. Subsequent features "machined" into the model revealed the grey "core" color of the model.

I have been unable to find a method to select all the surfaces in Creo. A cute little paint brush pops up and I can select individual (or multiple) surfaces of the model or I can select the entire part (which colors the "core" too) but I have been unable to find a simple method to select and colorall the individual surfaces of the model without effecting the core also.

Can someone tell me where this functionality went or is the cute little paint brush an "intended functionality improvement".

Thanks in advance,

Jim Majewski

Summary:

Thanks to Mike Brattoli,

Top Tags