cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Selection drop down in the bottom right

mmead
1-Newbie

Selection drop down in the bottom right

In the bottom right of the CREO window, is the drop down list that allows you to choose a filter for your pointer.  Is there a way to change the default so it will always revert to surface, or datum in the options menu? 

8 REPLIES 8
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:mmead)

I went through the list of configuration options for Creo 2 and there is no indication that you can set such a default. It might be problematic, anyway, because that list of possibilities is context-sensitive. The list of possible selections changes depending on what you are doing. I don't know if it is possible, but you could try to define a mapkey that does all the maddening repetitive clicks you need to get the desired setting.

GaryLinscheid
15-Moonstone

Take a look at the Selection options. I think you can set up your own My Filter and set it to be displayed by default.

1.jpg

Yeah i like this.  I had found this prior to my post but didn't understand what "My Filter" was.  Thanks for the help, this will be useful.

My next problem is if i go from just viewing and spinning, not actually doing anything to a command, the My Filter selection not only gets deselected but goes away completely.

Mostly I'm interested in having surface be my default filter when i choose the measure command.

It seemed like My Filter was going to be the answer but, like most things CREO it's real close to helpful, just not quite.   

rcook
6-Contributor

I use a mapkey that launches the measure tool and then switches the filter to surface.

mmead
1-Newbie
(To:rcook)

I think this is going to be my fix.  It's just one more map key to add to my ever growing list.  Thanks

TimoNurmi
4-Participant
(To:rcook)

I have also used mapkey and found out that a mapkey to measure distance between surfaces in assembly does not work in part mode as the selection filter menu is different.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TimoNurmi)

My mapkey works in both part and assembly mode.

mapkey md @MAPKEY_NAMEMeasure Distance Surface to Surface;\

mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_LABELMeasure Planer Distance;~ Command `ProCmdNaMeasureDistance`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`1  `10`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdSelFilterSet` 90;

TimoNurmi
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Yes it does, thanks for sharing!

Top Tags