cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Send dimension from Drawing to Model?

ptc-4864603
1-Newbie

Send dimension from Drawing to Model?

Is this possible?

I make a dimension in a drawing but afterwards I realize that I should have done it in the model, any way to send it to the model?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

4 REPLIES 4

No

althought it's not the answer I wanted, I guess I'll mark it as correct. 😉

Obviously the answer is to go back to the model and edit whatever feature has the appropriate reference and orientation. I often find it very annoying when the "wrong" arc of an equal constraint had been dimensioned in the sketch and you need to go to the model to "update" the dimension to the arc you want it to show up on in the drawing. Some programs let you do this on the fly, but Creo doesn't seem to be one of those. Sure would make for a good idea though!

Sometimes you don't have a feature for "that" particular dimension. This would make one think as to why in the modeling process, you didn't need it. Are you over-dimensioning the drawing? Are you using a different tact on the drawing than you used in the modeling process? It is all too common. Rarely does anyone have all the forethought when creating the model to know what the drawing will look like. This is one reason I prefer to do my own drawings. I can -then- determine, on the fly so to speak, what level of associativity and/or relation I want between the model and the drawing, if any.

To be honest, for most projects, I have no need for driving dimensions on the drawing. My drawing's driven dimensions will remain just as associative as the model itself. What I am very careful about is not using the @O<overwrite> feature.

Shame on you for even showing "@O..." feature!!

Top Tags