cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Set a feature-unrelated dimension in flexible components

tleati
10-Marble

Set a feature-unrelated dimension in flexible components

Hallo,

in Creo 2.0 when I assemby flexible part, I need sometimes to set flexibility to a specific dimension that is not related to any feature but to which some other features have to adapt to.

For example, I have a hook to assemble, and this hook is an imported part (downloaded from online CAD database). I want to assembly it by setting its stem length as the (only) flexible dimension.

The stem length is not a feature, as I can only do a stem-cutting feature with Creo "flexible mode" tab, so I would need to command its lenght with a dimension that commands in its turn the cutting.

can I do it without using a sketch?

or also with commanding a parameter?

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags