cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Shade in Creo2? vs Shading

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Shade in Creo2? vs Shading

In Wildfire, there were two shade picks. Shading, which is part of the set of Wireframe, Hidden, No Hidden. And then there was Shade.

If you customized the menus you would find it here:
[cid:image001.png@01CDE8C4.BCB31760]

The difference between this and shading is any on screen text would go away.
For example Shading, would show you the simplified rep text, Shade would not.
[cid:image002.png@01CDE8C4.BCB31760]

In Creo I'm not finding the Shade command. Did it disappear?????

[cid:image003.png@01CDE8C4.BCB31760]

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

The other crucial difference was that a large assembly would zoom, pan and spin much faster with Shade selected than with Shading selected...

Give it back, PTC!

I finally found it. It's under both the Model tab and the View tab, in the Model Display pull down. It's called Temporary Shade

David Haigh

I don't see an option for "Shade".

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

In our WF4 install it's in the View menu, below Repaint and above Render Window.

Jonathan

It's NOT under both the Model tab and the View tab, in the Model Display pull down on my version of Creo. I have found it in the list of commands when I "customise the Ribbon" but it won't allow me to add it to the "View Tab".

I did not know this existed until now but is useful for removing screen text and datums for a moment to do a screen capture.

Here's another instance where the UI is inconsistent. In the assembly mode the Temporary Shade command is under both the Model and View tabs, in the Model Display pull down. That's where I created my mapkey.

In the Part Mode, I didn't find it in the UI at all. I have no idea why it's not there. However, my mapkey I created in the assembly mode, works in the Part mode even thou the menu pick isn't there.

My mapkey:
mapkey sh @MAPKEY_LABELShade;\
~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `page_Model_control_btn` 1;\
~ Command `ProCmdViewShade`;

David Haigh

Maybe the nature of this shading mode is for assembly performance and that is why the option is not shown in part mode.

hmmmm.

sounds good at least. 🙂

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags