cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Shape indexing or Similar Model check during ModelCHECK...

ptc-3165095
1-Newbie

Shape indexing or Similar Model check during ModelCHECK...

I looked into shape indexing back on WF1 and intralink 3.3. We are currently on WF4 and PDMlink 9.1 now. Is there anyone out there using this tool to find similar parts? This sounds like a great tool if PTC can get it working. Thanks, Wayne
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

This software has the shape indexing capability, plus other related functionality: http://www.vizseek.com

I have already configured Windchill 9.1 and Wildfire 4.0 to look for similar parts. Works fine. What exactly is your question ? I found everything in the ModelCHECK help files.

I have gotten it working. Thanks for asking what my problem was. I was missing just one step in the set. We have decided to stay with the current solution we have.

Hello Tom, Wayne,

The help advises setting instance based attributes on the cad document type in Windchill.  Should I be hesitant about doing this on a production system?  Should I test on a dev system first or is this a benign setting change? 

- Jim

It shouldn't be a big deal.  The only question is whether you want to delete them if you end up not needing them.

Consider this issue closed.

Thanks,

Top Tags