cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Sheet Metal Brain Checking.

DeanLong
10-Marble

Sheet Metal Brain Checking.

All,

It may be a cosmically strange Thursday or I am being Punk'd but....

Has anyone had strange results from adding Flanges to both sides of a bent part, that is symmetrical about a centerline? In other words....

I have a flat first wall with two identical bends either side of the centerline resulting in a symmetrical part. I then add a flange to one side and then to the other side. The result is asymmetric!

I have verified the flange attach edges are the same

I have verified the bend radii are the same (inside and value).

I have verified the bend angles are identical.

The developed lengths are identical.

Do I need more caffeine or something a bit stronger?

I am running Creo2

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Correct answer: I am an Idiot.

Detailed answer: The first flange added automatically has the "thickness" pointing toward one side of the profile thickness. The second flange (for no apparent reason) has the "thickness" pointing opposite to the first flange's thickness creating the asymmetry. Not sure why...but that's what happened. I just didn't click enough Icons to find the answer. Sorry for misfire.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Correct answer: I am an Idiot.

Detailed answer: The first flange added automatically has the "thickness" pointing toward one side of the profile thickness. The second flange (for no apparent reason) has the "thickness" pointing opposite to the first flange's thickness creating the asymmetry. Not sure why...but that's what happened. I just didn't click enough Icons to find the answer. Sorry for misfire.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:DeanLong)

when I did it, it was off by the thickness if I selected the edge on the other surface of the part.

Yep. Also on mine it was the combo of edge and the thickness direction that was tripping me up.

thanks

Top Tags