cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Sheet metal form tool help

bponnusamy
1-Newbie

Sheet metal form tool help

Hello,

I've a bit of hiccup using form tool in sheet metal. if you can see from the pictures i have done punch one over another but what i want is a punch like in the part in the attached pdf how to do so.

I want one punch over another without deforming the first punch

lbracket-2.pngl-bracket.png

Any help is appreciated. and can anyone explain Diff Between Die form and Punch form in creo

Thank you

Babu

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, In modelling terms if you really wanted this to happen then this would need to be a single tool.

The biggest issue I can see is that in my experience is that 6-7 mm is the maximum depth of feature that can be punched in turret punch/press. The feature is also very long at over 245mm so again you would need a very large tool unless it is nibbled in. In my opinion you can't make this component as it stands.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi, In modelling terms if you really wanted this to happen then this would need to be a single tool.

The biggest issue I can see is that in my experience is that 6-7 mm is the maximum depth of feature that can be punched in turret punch/press. The feature is also very long at over 245mm so again you would need a very large tool unless it is nibbled in. In my opinion you can't make this component as it stands.

Thanks for the help. I didn't think of Doing it in a single tool.

if i can ask Can you Tell me the difference b/w Die form and Punch form in Creo?

Thank you

Babu

just think of the punch being the male form and die being the female form.

Top Tags