cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Sheetmetal, from flat to curved. How?

nmadsen
1-Newbie

Sheetmetal, from flat to curved. How?

Hi,

I have a model of a nameplate which is flat. However, I need to attach it to a curved surface.

I would like to modify the model so that I keep the flat part as the generic model and the curved as the model used in the assembly.

Can someone please advise the easiest way to perform this operation.

I am working in Creo Elelements / Pro

Thanks

Niels M. M.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:nmadsen)

So what I did was build the extrude, converted it to sheet metal (driving surface) and then added a bend feature, selecting one of the end edges as the bend line, the bend radius would be change from thickness to whatever diameter you are wrapping the label on to. I used 90 degree angle but the part was too short to make it all the way to the end of the bend.

bend.jpg

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

A pic might help.

Something like this. I would like to wrap the gold coloured plate around the cylindrical surface.

/NMM

Nameplate.PNG

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I believe if you just convert it to sheetmetal, and add a bend feature to it you can get what you want. You can then control the bend feature with the family table.

unbent.jpg bent.jpg

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

That's a big bend radius!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:GrahameWard)

We're rolling now!!! Ba-da-chi

We're on track now! This is what I was searching for. Now I just need to pick the right options to actually create the feature.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

So what I did was build the extrude, converted it to sheet metal (driving surface) and then added a bend feature, selecting one of the end edges as the bend line, the bend radius would be change from thickness to whatever diameter you are wrapping the label on to. I used 90 degree angle but the part was too short to make it all the way to the end of the bend.

bend.jpg

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I don't do much sheetmetal these days. This is the first time I used sheetmetal since Creo 2.

Eureka!

Thanks.PNG

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Glad I could help.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Don't forget to mark it as answered for those who follow behind.

Top Tags