cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Show center line as dashed line in pdf drawing

hvyas
1-Newbie

Show center line as dashed line in pdf drawing

Hello all,

I have put up hole centerline in creo drawing. but when I take its print as pdf. the dashed lines are shown as solid line in pdf drawing. Please let me know to show them as dashed line same as displayed in creo .drw ?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:hvyas)

Hi,

probably the problematic hole has small diameter. Just for testing purposes, please create "bigger" hole and generate PDF.

MH

Martin Hanák

Nope. I tried but its having the same result.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

PTC's output to PDF is flawed and doesn't duplicate what is seen on the screen.

If you can stand to, Printing to PostScript, using USE_SOFTWARE_LINEFONTS and INTF2D_OUT_STROKE_TEXT. The resulting *.ps file can be converted to a PDF with Adobe Acrobat Distiller, or GhostScript or any of several other distillers.

It will not have searchable text as PTC does not include the searchable text (I presume these require pdfmark entries to do so.)

How to save .drw as *.ps file ?

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

in CR2 you can see following dialog box.

ps.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you for your answer

Still the result is same. The center line of all the holes are shown as solid lines in pdf even after converting it from .ps file.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

please create testing data (part, drawing, PDF) and upload them using How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák
dschenken
21-Topaz I

Odd that changing the USE_SOFTWARE_LINEFONTS had no effect.

Top Tags