cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Show only model annotations in top level

ZC_10909252
8-Gravel

Show only model annotations in top level

I have an assembly with a note I would like to have displayed in a combination state. When in the model I have to click on the note in the model tree in order for them to appear. If I click on the "show annotations" button the notes appear but so does every note down the piece parts which is way too many and cluttered on the screen. Once I switch combination states and go back (despite hitting the update button) the notes are gone again. How can i get only the notes/annotations in the top level assembly to show?

The show annotations dialog box has nothing in it to select or filter. 

ZC_10909252_0-1720646524958.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:ZC_10909252)

You can extend rules from an assembly to subassemblies and parts.  See below discussion.

Solved: "Batch" distribution of rules driven layers - PTC Community

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise

I don't know of an easy way to show only the top level other than to use layers.

Place all notes on "annotation" layers in their respective models to control their visibility with layers.  You can then create a layer state to use in the combination state.

Sure. but there's not really an easy way to do that when I have 1000s of parts. 

kdirth
20-Turquoise

You can extend rules from an assembly to subassemblies and parts.  See below discussion.

Solved: "Batch" distribution of rules driven layers - PTC Community

Hi @ZC_10909252,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator

Hi,

I tested Creo 7.0. You can replay uploaded video and investigate uploaded Creo files.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags