cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Showed annotation dimension in drawing disappear after activating other simplified representation

johnnygeling_in
6-Contributor

Showed annotation dimension in drawing disappear after activating other simplified representation

Hello, 

I use 3D annotation to dimension my assembly. The dimensions are organized in annotation features and with combination views. The models of a combination view are also restricted by simplified reps. 

The 3D model dimensions are shown on the drawing. There are different views corresponding to the simplified reps. 

To avoid a cluttering view when opening the 3D model, the annotations are removed from the default all combination state. 

When I activate another combination view (also another simplified rep) the shown model annotations, like dimensions and geometrical tolerance, disappear from the view. The tree icon is greyed out and with at black square overlay. 

I can get the dimensions back when I add all the model annotation to the default view. But as mentioned this is not what I would like, because it clutters the view when opening the 3D model. 

There are some SPR's related to this: 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS112324

What is the preferred way of work to keep the model dimensions on the drawing views and have a clean default combined view? 

Are there plans to solve this issue? 

Thanks

Johnny

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags